“Kijkje in de Keuken” this time at Pathé Spuimarkt
- 4 min read
House of Hospitality hosted another successful edition of “Kijkje in de Keuken”, this time at Pathé Spuimarkt. Keynote speaker Maarten Fluit, Development and Innovation Manager, covered topics regarding the history of Pathé Theatres, the customer journey of Pathé Spuimarkt and the various ways Pathé ensures to maintain its excellent service and to implement innovative techniques. Interested in the ins and outs? Continue reading!
Did you know?
- Pathé was founded in 1896 by the Pathé brothers and that they invented film;
- Pathé is the market leader in France, Switzerland and The Netherlands;
- In 1946, the cinema was visited 80 million times. This amount decreased to 34 million after television and internet were launched;
- Pathé despite (or thanks to) the economic crisis, is performing outstandingly for 10 consecutive years;
- Pathé Spuimarkt 1.2 million visitors welcomes per year;
- Pathé Spuimarkt has at least nine auditoria, which makes it the third largest cinema of The Netherlands;
- You can watch a live concert in one of the auditoria of Pathé Spuimarkt and see exclusive footage of the artists behind the scenes?
- Pathé Spuimarkt makes use of a “popcornsauna”.
What else did we learn?
- How Pathé Spuimarkt predicts customer behaviour patterns based on big data;
- How the detailed personas of Pathé look like;
- How the cinema creates extensive customer journeys, continuously improves the customer journeys and optimises the wow moments;
- How Pathé Spuimarkt daily tests and optimises the customer experience by means of big data;
- How Pathé experiments with triggering all senses and already became very successful in this area with the Dolby Cinema and the 4DX technique.
Quotes from participants
"It is amazing to see such an extensive customer journey approach!"
"Great experience! Impressive to see how Pathé Spuimarkt constantly improves its core business, based on the customer data. They are not only improving the customer’s experience, but they also improve their own performance. Even though they are already performing well, they continue improving their performance. Pathé Spuimarkt is an excellent example for many companies. "
"We are definitely going to implement the focus on the customer journey in Kijkduin!"
"Astonishing to see how much Pathé Spuimarkt knows about its customers."
Based on the responses of the participants, we may conclude that it was an inspiring meeting. Luckily for you, this concept of “Kijkje in de Keuken” will continue. Interested to join? You are welcome to attend the next Kijkje in de Keuken at Madurodam on 27 March 2018!
Subscribe by emailing K.Wiegerink@hotelschool.nl
Text & Photo nr.1 © House of Hospitality