Naan bread in 10 steps, by Martijn Geerts
- 2 min read
You have been to the supermarket and realised that the items you were looking for are sold out. Oh no! You cannot make the dish you wanted anymore. Don’t worry, our HTH instructor Martijn Geerts has developed a nice and easy recipe for you to make at home! You might not have all of the ingredients, but the ones in this recipe are usually not sold out at your local shop or supermarket.
- 750 g bread flour (American or Italian 00)
- 1 clove garlic
- 75 ml olive oil
- 2 mint twigs
- 1 package yeast
- 200 ml warm water
- 50 g butter
- 20 g curry powder (masala)
- 10 g cumin (seeds or powder)
- 200 g yogurt
- 12 g salt
- 25 g curry paste pataks (we can imagine you might not have this in your cupboard, then just add more of the other spices)
How do we make naan bread in 10 steps?
1. Chop the garlic and the mint
2. Mix the yogurt, the spices, the pataks, the garlic and the mint in a big bowl
3. Add the warm water, the yeast and the olive oil
4. Add the flour and the salt. Mix with your hands or with a kitchen mixer
5. Add the butter and keep mixing the dough
6. Leave the dough overnight in the fridge, covered with plastic
7. Next day: Make portions of 150 gr and roll this lightly till 1 cm thick
8. Let it rise for 2 hours at room temperature
9. Cook it on the BBQ or in the oven for 10 min, at 200 degrees
How can you combine naan bread?
You can make a little bit more curry/yogurt sauce to dip the naan bread. You can also marinate a chicken filet with some olive oil and the spices used. You are vegetarian? Then just grill some veggies you have in your fridge! You can also prepare a side salad, for example with mango, chili and cucumber. if you have any question, you can contact Martijn Geerts!
Are you going to make it? Then share your picture on Instagram, don’t forget to tag us! @hotelschoolthehague